Detox has been a hot topic and it’s not just for the super-health-conscious folks or the crunchy people who eat only quinoa and kale anymore. Toxins affect all of us and just by changing a few things to clean up your life, you can see dramatic difference in your health, especially if you’re trying to lose weight.
The question is no longer IF we are toxic.
The real question is HOW toxic we are.
Everybody in this world has detectable level of toxins in the body.
Studies have shown that every organism on the planet has detectable level of Teflon in the body.
Our babies are born with toxic substances in their bodies, even before being exposed to the toxins. A benchmark investigation of industrial chemicals, pollutants and pesticides in umbilical cord blood by the Environmental Working Group (an American watch dog group) back in 2005 showed that 287 chemicals were detected in umbilical cord blood of newborns. They include pesticides, consumer product ingredients, waste materials from burning coal, gasoline, or garbage.
Reducing your toxic exposure can lead to a lot of health benefits, including:
* weight loss * more energy
* mental acuity * better digestion
* reduced stress * reduced cravings
* improved immune function * clear skin
Here are 5 tips to reduce your toxic load:
1. Use specific herbs that support our detox organs – liver, kidney and colon. E.g. milk thistle and dandelion.
2. Encourage elimination through skin, our largest organ for elimination. E.g. sweating and dry brushing.
3. Buy and eat organic food as much as possible – learn about the “Dirty Dozen” list and try to shop organic for this produce. Get that summary here.
4. Reduce processed and packaged foods, which are often loaded with chemicals.
5. Replace household and personal products with a lot of chemicals with those made with natural ingredients.